July 27, 2012
Skoda Minotti, a CPA business and financial advisory firm, is proud to announce that partner, Ken Haffey, CPA, CVA was recently elected as a member of the Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA) Executive Board.
Haffey’s responsibilities will include recruiting and retaining top talent for the profession, training firms’ leaders and developing workable succession plans for retiring sole practioners.
Haffey has spent over 20 years advising and providing services to a wide range of businesses and nonprofit organizations. In addition to his role as a trusted advisor, Haffey was a member of the OSCPA’s financial institutions committee from 1992-1994, and has been a member of the group’s education services advisory council since 2011.
“We are proud to have Ken represent Skoda Minotti as a member on this prestigious board.” said Greg Skoda, partner and chairman of Skoda Minotti. “Ken’s years of experience will undoubtedly complement OSCPA’s work toward leveraging strong relationships and advocating for CPAs and public interest.”
For more information on Skoda Minotti call 440-449-6800.
About Ohio Society for CPAs
The Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA), established in 1908, represents the diverse interests of 22,000 CPAs working in business, education, government and public accounting. OSCPA leverages strong relationships with state and federal legislators and regulators to advocate for CPAs and the public interest.
They promote greater awareness for CPAs and their financial expertise through public financial literacy campaigns and other initiatives that lower the tax burden and benefit businesses and all Ohioans.
The Ohio Society’s members meet strict statutory and regulatory requirements as CPAs and embrace the highest standards of professional and ethical performance. They achieve this through rigorous ongoing professional education, comprehensive quality review and compliance with a strict Code of Professional Conduct.
About Skoda Minotti
Skoda Minotti (www.skodaminotti.com, 888-201-4484) is a CPA, business and financial advisory firm that is focused on assisting clients grow their businesses. The firm provides a range of services, including: accounting and tax, business advisory, business valuations, financial services, information technology, litigation advisory, strategic marketing, professional staffing, small business services and telecom solutions. Clients of the firm range from closely-held businesses to public companies, from individuals and partnerships to corporations, trusts and estates. Skoda Minotti is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance which offers resources and technical expertise to clients through over 360 locations across the United States and over 600 locations internationally.
• Inc. 500 List of fastest growing private companies
• Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies Hall of Fame
• Weatherhead 100 Award for outstanding growth companies in Northeast Ohio
• Recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the country’s best managed accounting firms
• Crain’s Cleveland Business Cool Places to Work Award
• Multiple-time winner of NorthCoast 99 Award honoring the best workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time-NEO Success Award winner for top public, private and emerging companies in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time World Class Customer Service Award winner
• Multiple-time Practical Accountant’s Practice Innovation Award winner
• Multiple-time Pillar Award for Community Service winner
• INSIDE Public Accounting Top 200 Accounting Firms