July 16, 2012
Skoda Minotti, a CPA, business and financial advisory firm with offices in Cleveland and Akron, has merged Cleveland tax firm, Gerald M. Appel, CPA, Inc. into the firm. Through this merger, Gerald Appel and his team join the firm’s tax planning and preparation department.
Appel’s firm specialized in catering to companies in the healthcare, manufacturing and real estate and construction industries.
“Jerry’s significant industry experience will undoubtedly complement our existing ability to provide CPA, business and financial advisory services to our clients,” said Greg Skoda, CPA and chairman of Skoda Minotti.
“Joining Skoda Minotti will give our clients access to a new depth of accounting and business advisory expertise,” Appel said. “Beyond the traditional accounting services, we’re excited to offer our clients access to niche service offerings such information technology, marketing and staffing that can help them take their businesses to the next level.”
Thus far in 2012, Skoda Minotti has acquired several firms across various business lines, including: Quantam Network Services, PBnJ Solutions and Core Information Management.
“We are actively seeking acquisition opportunities across each of our niche areas in order to expand our knowledge, experience and our ability to deliver on the promise to our clients,” said Skoda.
For more information on Skoda Minotti, call 440-449-6800.
About Skoda Minotti
Skoda Minotti (www.skodaminotti.com, 888-201-4484) is a CPA, business and financial advisory firm that is focused on assisting clients grow their businesses. Clients of the firm range from closely-held businesses to public companies, from individuals and partnerships to corporations, trusts and estates. Skoda Minotti is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance which offers resources and technical expertise to clients through over 360 locations across the United States and over 600 locations internationally.
• Inc. 500 List of fastest growing private companies
• Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies Hall of Fame
• Weatherhead 100 Award for outstanding growth companies in Northeast Ohio
• Recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the country’s best managed accounting firms
• Crain’s Cleveland Business Cool Places to Work Award
• Multiple-time winner of NorthCoast 99 Award honoring the best workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time - NEO Success Award winner for top public, private and emerging companies in Northeast Ohio
• Multiple-time World Class Customer Service Award winner
• Multiple-time Practical Accountant’s Practice Innovation Award winner
• Multiple-time Pillar Award for Community Service winner
• INSIDE Public Accounting Top 200 Accounting Firms