Our financial experts Deliver on the Promise of helping your company provide compensation and benefit packages for your employees that are cost effective, market-driven and relevant to your company.
For many employers, payroll and related expenses (such as benefit programs) are the largest recurring expense on their income statement. In addition, turnover is a major issue for employers. One of the primary reasons an employee seeks new work is to receive a pay increase. Yet, many employers allow momentum (‘let’s do what we did last year’) to manage their compensation programs.
Our compensation and benefits consulting practice can help employers determine a fair and competitive wage package while designing incentive programs that can not only attract top talent, but also retain employees.
Our approach to assisting a client with compensation program design issues is based on the following principles:
- To understand the company’s issues. This includes where the company is in its life cycle, the issues the company may be facing and the obstacles that could arise
- To craft a relevant, viable solution. Some programs may not be appropriate, even though they are used by competitors
- To ensure the solution is cost-effective. The solution must be within budget and with consideration to the company’s fiscal position
- To be transparent to the client. The client must fully understand the financial statement, cash flow and tax implications of the program
- To be with the client every step of the way. Our job is complete when the program is implemented — not merely when it is designed
Our compensation consulting services include:
- Board of Director assistance
- Broad-based compensation programs
- Change of control programs
- Equity program design and implementation
- Executive compensation program design and analysis
- Market pricing
- Non-qualified deferred compensation programs
- Publicly traded company executive compensation disclosure
- Short and long term incentive program design